Support for CRS Adjustment for VOR2

Mark Hargrove
Is there any way to set the OBS (course) setting for VOR2?  I have two radio panels, and so have both NAV1 and NAV2 frequencies visible all the time -- but I have no way to use the multi-panel to change the OBS for the VOR2.

This problem was solved in the saitekpanels plugin for X-Plane 10 by implementing a "function" switch -- a mapped toggle button that was in one of two different states -- in one state, the various control panels (radio and multipanel) work normally and display normally.  In the other state, the panels actually display different values (other than frequencies).  For example, the rightmost display on the radio panels shows the OBS courses in the "standby" field when the radio panel selector has NAV1 or NAV2 selected - and the silver knobs let you adjust those values.

I'd actually be happy with any mechanism at all, though, that let me change the course setting for VOR2 from the multi-panel -- changing the OBS with the mouse (especially on some airplanes) is horrible.

The last reference to this topic I could find was more than two years ago.

Re: Support for CRS Adjustment for VOR2

Jan Vaane
Sure my friend...use SPAD and FSUIPC
Select the radio panel that you want to use for turning the OBS2 (Radio  Panel 2)
Press Setup  for this panel and select NAV2 in the screen Radio Panel Configuration
You have two choises : clockwise and counter clockwise
Both set the bullet to FSUIPC Virtual Button
Open in FSx the Addon FSUIPC
Select Buttons and switches; profile specific
Back to SPAD and press  the button Send button to Flight Sim
The number of the virtual button will appear in FSUIPC
Select the control to sent when button is pressed as
Vor2 Obi Inc
Vor2 Obi Dec  both for the inner knob
select
Vor2 Obi Fast Inc and Vor2 Obi Fast Dec for the outer knob
Done!

Re: Support for CRS Adjustment for VOR2

Mark Hargrove
That approach does indeed work.  I used the ADF switch position on radio panel two since I pretty much never use the ADF.

I would still prefer to have a configurable toggle switch available that changed the behavior of the inner and outer knobs on the multi-panel when the MP selector switch was in the CRS position, similar to the way that the xplane version of the saitekpanel plugin works, since that provides a display of the two OBI setting on the radio panel LEDs -- but the approach you suggested is still FAR better than trying to set the OBI with a mouse.

Thank you!

Re: Support for CRS Adjustment for VOR2

Siege00
Hey Mark.  Great PE vids by the way, assuming you're the same Mark Hargrove.

Anyway, there's a solution to this built into SPAD, in case you haven't found it yet.

In SPAD, go to the Multipanel.  Click on 'Setup'.  Then go to the Rotary Knob tab and select the CRS tab below.  Towards the bottom, you will see 'Selectable' as a choice along with Crs1 and Crs2.  If you choose the Selectable radio button, you can change whether you're working with Nav1 or Nav2's (OBS) course.  The way to change the selection is on the first radio panel that SPAD finds, changing the radio selector to com1 or nav1 will show the nav1 crs on the multipanel, and selecting com2 or nav2 from the radio panel will show the nav2 crs.

This works like a charm, though on the rare occasion you'll forget to change it back and be rotating the wrong crs. :)

Hope this helps as much as your vids have helped me.
Good luck.

Re: Support for CRS Adjustment for VOR2

Harlekin
Hello all,

actually I've come across a problem in using the CRS knob of the Saitek Multi Panel with the PMDG NGX.
Eveerything wokrs fine execept the CRS.

Haveing set the Rotary Knob CRS Tab to CRS2, displays the actual CRS2 value of the NGX at the Saitek display and turning the Saitek knob updates the Saitek Display and the NGX CRS2 display correctly.

Changeing to CRS1 Mode shows the value of the NGX CRS1 at the Saitek and turning the NGX CRS1 knob updates the Saitek display as expected. But turning the saitek knob now still changes CRS2 of the NGX and not the CRS1...

I looks like the Input Events of the Saitek Rotary is handeled correctly for CRS2 Mode but only the Display Source is switched over when selecting CRS1 Mode.

any clue on that?

Best
Stephan

FSUIPC 4.9390 registered
SPAD v0.5.1
PMDG NGX 737-700 WL
Saitek Multi Panel (only 1, no other Saitel panels)

Re: Support for CRS Adjustment for VOR2 - SOLVED

Harlekin
Hi all,

found the problem.
I had setup the key bindings for the FO side instead of the Captain side within the NGX Key bindings configuration.

What about having two sets available wihtin SPAD?
If you select CRS1 Mode than you can enter the first set of event definitions and with CRS2 the second set can be defined?

Cheers
Stephan