Saitek Panels, FSUIPC and how to assign Virtual Buttons?

Saitek Panels, FSUIPC and how to assign Virtual Buttons?

elysion
Hi there, thank you for programming this niffty little app and i can see it runs much smoother without the standard drivers. Some questions though...

I have deinstalled the original drivers and installed your latest version
i have a registered latest version of FSUIPC
I have the PMDG MD11 add on (which does not support the switch and multi panel obviously)
I have the Switch, Multi and Radio Panel from Saitek

1. When i used the original drivers I could use the switch panel from Saitek in FSX with the standard planes, with your drivers i cant use any switch or rotary knob etc, why is that?
2. The Radio Panel works with both, your drivers or the original since it uses the FSX own interface for this
3. How do i assign the virtual keys and buttons to the FSUIPC, I am a little bit lost here and in your manual points this out very briefly (at least to me, i apologize).

The diea is obviously running your app and FSUIPC to have all buttons, switches, etc setup and linked with FSUIPC so i can use all of my Saitek Panels, do you have any more detailed Tutorial for this or a guide?

On youtube i have seen how to use the mouse macro for FSUIPC but how do I link it with the Virtual Keys and Buttons assignment in your pgrogram if FSUIPC cant dedect my Saitek Panels?

4. With your pgrogram in FSUIPC i can only see my USB connected devices but not the Saitek Panels, how can i make them appear in the .ini file of FSUIPC or is that not possible.
If it would be shown there I assume I could use FSUIPC's integrated Button, Switches & Axis assignments to make them visible as a device. Or would that be the case anyways and I have installed it incorrectly?

Help is needed and sorry for the many noob questions, thanks
Stephan

Re: Saitek Panels, FSUIPC and how to assign Virtual Buttons?

elysion
I have several Pro Flight entries in my fsx.cfg file (due to i installed the saitek drivers first).
Do i need to delete them out since im using the SPAD drivers?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe.ritbrbzeceoqtqihuwaoezuhunkecnoohwnwbikn=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanelsFS9.exe.rkqnlklcrrbncqtaronuwtotrcziikkuquuezlwt=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe.khiutknuakirckauwznurliatbhaiehbrhkriecu=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanelsFS9.exe.qiniakwlrkwkttklcchltnnukbwutqbacowoltwa=1

Thanks

Re: Saitek Panels, FSUIPC and how to assign Virtual Buttons?

elysion
anyone out there?

Re: Saitek Panels, FSUIPC and how to assign Virtual Buttons?

Tlg0218
Hi
  I am in the same position you were. Did you find an answer to this. Do I delete this reference to Saitek files too?..

Tom

Re: Saitek Panels, FSUIPC and how to assign Virtual Buttons?

Jan Vaane
Q3. How do i assign the virtual keys and buttons to the FSUIPC

how do I link it with the Virtual Keys and Buttons assignment in your program if FSUIPC can't detect my Saitek Panels?

A3: You must activate the virtual button in SPAD first  before FSUIPC4 can find them.

Start reading here:
http://spad501.wordpress.com/2012/03/08/pmdg-737-ngx-landing-gear/