Saitek Multi Panel not working

12

Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jackietools
The AP light as well as NAV, APP etc lights all correspond with FSX but I am not getting any numerals on the screen. I updated FSUIPC as well as new SPAD driver. Problem seems to be intermittent. Running Windows 8.1. Started when I updated to 8.1. Thanks

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jan Vaane
…and the aircraft in use is…:
Connect the Multipanel directly to usb on pc
The good message: it runs withh W8+

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jackietools
It happens on all aircraft including PMDG and default FSX. I already moved it off USB hub direct to PC but get same problem. Have not had the Saitek drivers installed in years. Already tried reinstall of SPAD but maybe will do again since I switched USB ports. Maybe the panel itself is bad?

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jackietools
Still will not light. Tried uninstalling Spad, updated FSUIPC, installed Saitek drivers then uninstalled them and reinstalled SPAD. Could it be the panel is broken. I can think of nothing else. If anyone has a similar problem please let me know. The radio panel works fine. Thanks

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jan Vaane
Run FSE, run SPAD, open the SPAD screen, Is the Multipanel appearing next to the radio panel in the SPAD screen? If no...unplug the MP and listen to the sound of disconnecting USB device (high>low)
Reconnect (low>high) Nothing? Panel broken. Compare with the radio panel

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jackietools
It shows up in SPAD and I get the high/low sound from both panels if I unplug them. Funny thing is it worked for a time last night while the radio panel went black. Difficult to explain but I kept plugging and unplugging the cords and finally the multipanel lit up, that is the numeral screen, as I stated the buttons light and function. Sometimes when FSX and SPAD are running I will pause FSX and then close SPAD then reopen SPAD and maybe 1 out of 5 times the multipanel will work properly. Can't figure if it is the hardware or software. It's not the ports I have tried every port on the PC with same results and my CH yoke and rudder panels work on the same USB ports. The only other thing I can think of is Windows 8.1 is causing a software issue. FSX is on an SSD (my  E drive) and SPAD is in my PROGRAMS X86 on my C drive, maybe trying SPAD on the E drive? May have to try the panel on another PC with Windows 7 to try to isolate the problem. Thanks for the reply.

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jackietools
It shows up in SPAD and I get the high/low sound from both panels if I unplug them. Funny thing is it worked for a time last night while the radio panel went black.     Did not mean to confuse you with this statement. The radio panel works 80 percent of the time but sometimes give me the same problem. Last night I lucked out that both worked at the same time but the minute I stopped FSX and restarted with SPAD same problem.

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jan Vaane
What type of motherboard do you have? Check if  Windows shut down USB power of the board for some reason.

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jackietools
No everything else works normal

Just plugged into Widows 7 PC and installed SPAD. When first opened with SPAD self test shows all buttons as well as led screen light on multi panel and radio panel thru start up test. On Windows 8 startup test the multi panel led screen does not light but radio panel does. Foe some reason Widows 8 or something on my PC is preventing the multi panel led screen from working properly. I'm about to give up.

Just did a registry defrag and the multipanel lights on the led screen lit up momentarily on boot up then when I started SPAD same as before, no numbers. Must be a problem in registry. Wish I could find all entries for the panels and clean them out. I notice when I first plug the panels in windows auto loads drivers for them. Is there anyway to prevent this? Maybe the drivers it loads is conflicting with SPAD? Thanks

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jan Vaane
Uninstall   Spad , download  ccleaner to clean registry, remove all you can find
Update windows , install SPAd in the root of fsx, When ready, plugin one by one the panel you want.
Check the XML files as mentioned In the instruction for use

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jackietools
Did all that as I have done before but still no luck. Then I thought let me try in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and the first time I turned it on the numerals on the multi panel lit up. That only lasted the one time as I tried it after that and same problem. Did a reinstall of SPAD again and launced it Win 7 mode and still no luck. Seems to be intermittent software issue. It's driving me crazy! Thanks for your help and Im open to other suggestions. Is anyone running on Win 8.1 without problems?

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jackietools
Could process priority have something to do with it? If I keep starting the restarting SPAD the numbers on the multipanel will work about 1 out of 5 times.

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

NDR955MR
HI, I thought that the Saitek Multi panel was still not supported by LINDA. Is it working for some of you ?

Mario

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jackietools
What is Linda?

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Vin_fly
I am having the same issue as well... has any one found out the solution yet ? Same happens with my radio panel as well

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jackietools
The only way I get it to work is start and stop Spad and eventually it works. You can tell when it first starts if is going to work, you will see the buttons light then a check of the screen will cycle. I then start FSX and it works until you shut it again and then I have to go thru same process. Usually takes about 5 cycles of on and off for it to work.

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

t.barber
hi their  I had same prob [sort of] and found that,,,[compatability mode]vista service pack2 and run as administrator...that worked for me maybe it will for you mate ,hope so,cos when something goes wrong[grit your teeth "frustrating"] ,"you could shoot the wife", well I would cos if you shot yourself you wouldnt know whether you had fixed it or not..that would be sooooo sad..fsx is great.i thought my wife thought so too ,until I was on it until THREE in the morning...whoops!!!..I THINK SHE MEANT YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE WITH ME UNTIL THREE IN THE MORNING....... SEE YA. GOOD LOOK......

Re: Saitek Multi Panel not working

Jackietools
Well said, same here. Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out and let you know.
12