Saitek BIP Panel

maxx
Administrator
Hi Guys,
is there anybody out there owning a BIP panel interested for SPAD support ?
I'm trying to understand how many people could find useful such an improvement to SPAD.

Ciao,
Massimo

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

bobgoodwin
Count me as one

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note

is there anybody out there owning a BIP panel interested for SPAD support ?
I'm trying to understand how many people could find useful such an improvement to SPAD.

Ciao,
Massimo

http://spad.189988.n3.nabble.com/Saitek-BIP-Panel-tp4024811.html
To start a new topic under SPAD, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from SPAD, click here.
NAML

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

maxx
Administrator
Ok Guys,
my BIP is arrived and I started programmig SPAD support for it.

So far all it's ok (Detection routine is ok, I/O routine is ok, setup form is done etc.).

But, definetely I need some help with the logic.

What the mess are the UP and DOWN lights ???
When should we consider LOW the Rotor RPM to turn the light on ?
And the COM1, COM2, NAV1, NAV2 lights ? When should them turn on ?
Gear lights, isn't it better to use only one light with multiple colors ?

Please, let me know your suggestions/opinions.

Ciao,
Massimo

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

Jan Vaane

Hello Massimo

Although I don’t have the BIP..and don’t know what the instruction for use tells the customer

Read between the lines for my thoughts

Thanks for your efforts

Jan

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

maxx
Administrator
Hi Jan,
what do you mean ? Look at Saitek instruction to get aviation information ????
You must be joking !!!
Anyway, thank you for your answer.

I think that heli specific function will not be included in first release.

I discovered that FSX lacks "Master Warning" and "Master Caution" support for the default aircrafts.
So, using the NGX should not be a problem but with default aircraft I don't want to implement a silly logic like Saitek original drivers one.
So, no support for the "Master Warning" and "Master Caution" too.

Next version is close to release with:
- Initial BIP Support
- Better Switch Panel NGX support (lights, battery, de-ice, pitot heater)
- NGX baro regulation support (Radio Panel)
- ADF Standby-Active Frequency support (mostly for the NGX)
- Fixed multi-engine Alternator and Fuel pump support (Switch Panel)
- Fixed cowl switch orientation (Switch panel)
- Better special mode management (now special mode is related to a profile instead of a a specific panel)
- Fixed window position loader after a display setup change (no more hidden UI after changing you screens)

Ciao,
Massimo

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

chdriver
"- Fixed window position loader after a display setup change (no more hidden UI after changing you screens) "

- That's one I defintely need.  Thanks for including it.

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

Leszek
Hi Massimo,

I've just installed your new driver and I have some problem with BIP... It seems to work, but in a quite strange way. It blinks, it changes colors in some situations - without a reason. Any action is proceeded with a blink of the most of the other fields. Any idea why it happens? - on the SPAD config window it all looks fine, but in reality it is not...
I've uninstalled old BIP driver, when I put it in it has a standard Win7 USB drivers. What else can I do?

I was testing both on default plane (KingAir 350) and add-ons (F1 ATR-72 and Feelthere E175). If you want I can sand you a movie to show how it looks or send you any additional info.

best,
Leszek

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

Leszek
EDIT:

I have tested more, and I've found the reason. I've uninstalled only a configurator of BIP, not the driver. To make it work I had to disable saitek pro plugin in exe.xml file. After that it works! Not only in default but also in ATR-72 and E175 (as far as I've tested it). Still have some problems with lights switches in NGX, but have to make some further test.

best,
Leszek

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

maxx
Administrator
Hi Leszek,
I know about the problem with NGX lights.
There's a bug in NGX SDK. Basically it's impossible to read the Position Light switch.
I opened a ticket with PMDG support and Robert Randazzo said an answer should arrive in a few days.
Let's see what happens.

What do you think about the BIP support within Spad ?
Is the threshold system clear enough ?
Should I add any feature/tile ?

Ciao,
Massimo

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

Leszek
Massimo,

Your tool is great - as always :) It's very easy in use. There is only one option I would add: a possibility to copy one config to all profiles - I have about 8 different profiles in SPAD - configuring 24 lights in each took me some time - even though they do not differ at all - it would be technically unconvienient to change these tiny plastic elements everytime I change the plane. So my proposal is a option to import BIP configuration from one SPAD profile to another.

If you need any other feedback, please let me know. It will be a pleasure to help you in developing such an useful tool!

best,
Leszek

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

maxx
Administrator
Ok Leszek,
the profile-import option is a good idea. I'll check how to add it in next release.

In the meantime you can manually copy your profiles.
Within Spad folder there's an .ini file for each profile, simply open them with a text editor and copy-paste che whole [BIPPanel1] section.
Much faster than editing each profile through the interface.

Ciao,
Massimo

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

maxx
Administrator
A new version is out with Profile-Import support.
Leszek, please, can you check if it works like you intended ?

Thanks !

Ciao,
Massimo

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

Leszek
Hello Massimo!

I've installed, tried and it works great! This is exactly what I was thinking of. Sorry for delay in test, but I was on holidays :)
I will test SPAD more on NGX in comings days. In case of any bugs or suggestions, I will let you know. But it seems that driver is fully operational :) The only thing you can do now is to open a factory with this tiny plastic tiles :D

best,
Leszek

RE: Saitek BIP Panel

maxx
Administrator
Leszek wrote
The only thing you can do now is to open a factory with this tiny plastic tiles :D
Eheheh....   I doubt that it would be a great deal !!

Anyway, I'm glad you like the new feature.

Ciao,
Massimo

Re: Saitek BIP Panel

Brad
Hello,
I just purchased the BIP. I already have radios, switches and instruments from Saitek working, but hear horror stories about BIP.
I installed SPAD and it put a shortcut airplane on my desktop, I click on it and it says it's running. Then all instruments go through a calibration or reset in about 2 seconds.... And it all works. I am not sure if there is a panel that I can open to settings up or something or is it just work automatically. I run windows 7 on a new computer with half decent components.
Can you tell me a step by step on how to set up BIP ? I am nervous to even plug it in. Do I download Saitek drivers or just use SPAD?
Is there a specific sequence to do things in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brad

Re: Saitek BIP Panel

SameOldStory
Hi Brad.

If you haven't solved your problem by now, this may help.

First, I hope you haven't installed the Saitek drivers. If so, you should uninstall them now.

Lay out all the Saitek tiles and decide which ones you want to use.

Start up SPAD. As you said, you should see any Saitek Panels that you have run throught a test sequince.

Next double click the SPAD icon in the system tray.

On the SPAD screen click on the [BIP Panel 1], and then [Setup].

Click on a tile LOCATION and choose from the system tabs on the bottom half of the "SPAD - BIP Panel Configuration" screen.

Next choose what color (from the lower right) you want to light up the tile.

Click [Ok] to save or [Cancel] in the bottom right corner to.... well, to cancel.

As a very last resort you could read the manual. Maxx's manual is one of the best around, you only have to read the parts for the Saitek panels that you own.

But I'm betting that you've already read it.

Re: Saitek BIP Panel

Brad
Hello,
Thank you for the response. I am going to take your advice and delete the Saitek software right away.

I have spoke with three different tech support operators at Mad Catz (Saitek). NONE of them have been able to help solve the issue. Very disappointing that they are the support that can't support!

Now here is part o my issue as well. I downloaded SPAD onto my Windows 7 premium 64bit. After it loads it puts the SPAD shortcut on my desktop(little plane). When I click this icon nothing happens, it's like it runs something in the background. When I click it when I'm running FSX nothing happens but it says " SPAD" is already running. I go down the the tray in the bar at the right bottom beside the clock, but same thing, shows running but nothing appears to be happening.

I suspect I do not have this running properly or there would be some sort of panel come up when activated, similar to FSUICP. I also have this on the ad-on in my FSX.

BTW, where can I download MAXX'S manual? Also, is there a SPAD manual to download? Any links or advice is greatly appreciated.

I have the BIP panel programmed already, but it just doesn't light up when I set up faults during flights, also it should show Landing gear status and radio status right out of the gate!

Could really use some help, I so happy there is a better way than Satiek Supports!

Bradley

On 2013-04-27, at 18:41, "SameOldStory [via SPAD]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Brad.

[...]

But I'm betting that you already have read it.

http://spad.189988.n3.nabble.com/Saitek-BIP-Panel-tp4024811p4025345.html
To unsubscribe from Saitek BIP Panel, click here.
NAML

Re: Saitek BIP Panel

SameOldStory
I's sorry that I didn't see this. Hopefully you've solved the problem but not.

If not, this is what I posted for another person with the same problem- Read Starting SPAD on this site.

http://fstools.weebly.com/forum.html#nabble-td4025186|a4025209