Pro Flight Instrument Panel

Pippo
Hi, I am a great fan of your excellent SPAD utility, however having just got one of the Saitek Instrument panels to play around with, I find that I have to use the Saitek Panels software to drive it which upsets my radios using your SPAD driver.
Any chance in the future you might do the whole set and include support for the instrument panel?
Regards Mike
PS if you want one to play around with I would gladly lend you mine!

Re: Pro Flight Instrument Panel

maxx
Administrator
Hi Mike,
as I said many times the FIP is something different from the other panels (radio, switch and multi).
The FIP is basically a digital photo frame hardware with specific enclosure and software, the other panels are HID devices, like mice or keyboards.
From a software point of view they are completely different.
Developing FIP drivers it's about managing bitmap images and it's something I have no time to do.

Anyway, Saitek FIP driver is different from the common panels one. You should have no problem running only the Saitek FIP driver letting SPAD control the other stuff.

Ciao,
Massimo

Re: Pro Flight Instrument Panel

pippo
Many thanks for the clear explanation.
I will try the saitek driver again.
Regards Mike

Re: Pro Flight Instrument Panel

Zsolt
Dear Massimo !

Can I give you a hand by doing anything you need and is necessary, for programming a FIP driver rujnning also under FS2004?

I tried FSX many times again and again, but FS2004 is far better in performance and stability.
So, FIP is working for me with the standard Saitek FIP drivers but I really wish, there were a solution also for FS2004. I asked also the support guys at Saitek, but they are not willing to program drivers for fs2004 :( Sad, sad, sad !!!

If the programming project is such time consuming, I thought, I could help you with the boring stuff.
Please help us FS2004 enthusiatics, there is no other solution to use the FIP instruments !

Thank you for considering it, and thank you very very much for your excellent SPAD driver !!!

Bye,
Zsolt

Re: Pro Flight Instrument Panel

maxx
Administrator
Hi Zsolt,

FIP support will NOT be included in SPAD for the reasons I explained in this thread too (2 messages up).

But let me advocate newer flight simulators.

Come on guys, we are living in the 14th year of the third millennium.
It's really (REALLY) time to give up with FS9.

Prepar3D is out there and X-Plane guys released a 64bit version of their product.
No more great add-ons are developed for FS9 and modern PCs are really able to run FSX-P3D-XP10 really well ( do you know Bojote's FSX tweaks ? )

So, FS9 support is not a priority nor a required feature to me.

Just my two cents.

Ciao,
Massimo