PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

Andi
Hi Massimo

Thank you so much for the Great SPAD Software. The Saitek Hardware is nearly useless without it.

I saw over at the Avsim PMDG Forum that you also fly the JS41. May i ask you, did you managed to show
the AP ALT Setting on the Multipanel ?

best Regards
Andi

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

maxx
Administrator
Hi Andi,
yes, some time ago I bought the J41 only to discover that I am not a great turboprop lover.
The problem with the J41 is that there's no SDK, so it's impossible to read the AP figures.
A solution for using the Multipanel with SPAD would be a Special-Mode like the one I developed for the Maddog, but I don't know if there is enough interest out there to justify such a work.

Ciao,
Massimo

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

Andi
absolutly. It dosen't make sens to programm a special Mode if there only a few JS41 Pilots out there.
Everything is working fine with SPAD and the JS41 Lua Makro files from LINDA. No need for a Special-Mode.
The Multipanel even shows the right values for IAS, HDG, VS, Course. It's just the ALT that can't be displayed but thats not a big deal, can life without it : ) Thanks anyway for SPAD.

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

DanW
Hi Andi,

I'd like to do the same thing for my J41, can you explain to me how to make Linda and SPAD working together for the multipanel?

I can use them individually but I didn't know they could be used together?
Do you access the SPAD driven hardware from LINDA, or access the LINDA scripts from SPAD?
Or in FSUIP?

many thanks

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

Andi
Hi DanW

as far as i know there is no way to connect SPAD directly with LINDA. I use Linda just to get the Lua FSUIPC Values from the JS4100 Module. Then i made a small lua Sktipt for every action and asigned
them via SPAD Virtual Joystick button withing FSUIPC.
SPAD->virtual Joystick Button->FSUIPC->Button Press->Lua Skript.
(There must be a way to use just 1 Lua Skript instead of skripts for every action but i don't figured out
the right syntax jet : ) This solution needs a registered FSUIPC Version.
The LUA Skripts must lay in the FSX->Modules Folder.
I can send you the skripts later today or post them here when i have access to my FSX PC.
(By the way: works also with Prepar3D) It's not a professional solution but better then nothing.

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

DanW
Hi Andi,

I see what you mean now, Linda is useful even if just to find the Lua Variables to use in FSUIPC.

Yes please if you could post your scripts that would be great.

Cheers

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

Andi
JS41Lua.zip
just place them in the FSX\modules Folder and you should be able to use them in FSUIC
regards
Andi

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

DanW
This post was updated on .
Thanks

I found an all in one script here: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69507-pmdg-jetstream-4100-js41j41-saitek-multi-panel-lua/

Have you tried that one?
Do you think your solution is more complete?
It looks cleaner to have just one script... but I don't want to miss any features :)

I've tried it, it has a few shortcomings:
-HDG bug can't be set unless HDG mode is on.
-Nav lights button not mapped
-Top row of switch panel not mapped

I might try a combination, or just use your scripts.

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

DanW
I'm getting very good results now, I'm using the script I linked but I removed the SetHeading function from his script, and overrided the HDG up/down with your script.

I'm even getting ALT to display in the panel correctly.

Running on top of his script, I then override these functions with your scripts in FSUIPC:
-heading up
-heading down
-batteries
-alternator
-Avionics
-fuel pumps
-de-ice engine
-pitot to prop-deice
-Nav lights
-Make the starter switch do nothing

Everything is good - EXCEPT one small thing.
HDG doesn't display on the multipanel until HDG MODE is engaged. This is very minor, the heading is definitely set I can see the bug moving on the EHSI, and it stays when I push HDG.

Just strange that it doesn't update while heading mode is off. Did you experience the same thing? Probably the value isn't sent to LUA and stored internally until HDG mode is engaged or something.

Cheers

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

Andi
Thank you for the link, i will try this script also. I had the same expirience with HDG Mode, if its not engadget the Multipanel won't show up the value. You are right, 1 script looks cleaner then a skrip for every single action.

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

DanW
Hi Andi,

I've been having alot of problems using the Vertical speed. When I try and increase vertical speed it runs away crazy, like going up to 9999.

Do you get any problems with this? Are you able to use VS reliably?

I'm wondering if it's to do with combination of Luas and FS2Crew at the same time.. or if it happens just from the Luas?

many thanks

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

Andi
Hi

I had no Problems with VS so far. i also use FS2Crew.

http://spad.189988.n3.nabble.com/PMDG-Jetstream-4100-AP-ALT-Display-on-Multipanel-tp4024982p4025094.html
To unsubscribe from PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?, click here.
NAML

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

DanW
I found the problem, it was because I was running that other script in the background as well. It was taking over the values and going crazy.

Removed it and all good now.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Andi [via SPAD] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I had no Problems with VS so far. i also use FS2Crew.

Am 20. September 2012 um 02:45 schrieb "DanW [via SPAD]" <[hidden email]>:

Hi Andi,

I've been having alot of problems using the Vertical speed. When I try and increase vertical speed it runs away crazy, like going up to 9999.

Do you get any problems with this? Are you able to use VS reliably?

I'm wondering if it's to do with combination of Luas and FS2Crew at the same time.. or if it happens just from the Luas?

many thanks

click here.
NAML

http://spad.189988.n3.nabble.com/PMDG-Jetstream-4100-AP-ALT-Display-on-Multipanel-tp4024982p4025108.html
To unsubscribe from PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?, click here.
NAML

Re: PMDG Jetstream 4100 AP ALT Display on Multipanel ?

eea123
Hi Guys,

Im new to Saitek SPAD and so on.
Do you think it would be possible to post the complete .LUA script here with all the changes that you guys have made?
And thank you very much for SPAD! I would have been so bummed if there wasnt SPAD! Well done!

JS41Lua.zip

Alexandre
This post was updated on .
Andi and DanW, I have interest in managing the code as open source project at GitHub or Bitbucket or at other free git service. Do you can join and allow me this, choosing a license and/or being present?

DanW, in really, I already manage the Andi's package as private git repository and I would have access to your files (with all your changes) regardless of permission to republish them.

Update

I need of a FSUIPC4.ini sample updated, and of others configuration files that perhaps there are.