How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

niccba
This post was updated on .
THIS IS A SIMPLE WAY TO RUN SPAD WHEN YOU START FSX. JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE TXT FILE AND REMEMBER TO BKUP YOUR FILE BEFORE REPLACING.

HERE IS A UPDATE FOR THE SPAD STARTER, I FIGURED OUT A WAY TO MAKE IT EASIER.

SPAD Starter V2

GREETINGS

Re: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

Canuck
I didn't understand the instructions.  Any chance of an idiot guide?

Re: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

niccba
Sure, please tell me if you have windows 32bits or 64bits, and which part of the instructions you didnt understand??

Greetins

I run W7 64bit and my FSX is on E:\FSX.
The bit I have difficulty with is, I already have an exe.xml file at C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\  and I am unsure whether or not I should allow an overwrite or not.  It may knock something else out. TIA

Re: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

niccba
ok no problem can you send me the exe.xml file you have and the full path of the SPAD file location???

Greetings

RE: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

Canuck

Here you go.

No rush, I have to go sleep now it is 0300 here!

Thanks in advance.

Alex.

RE: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

Canuck
Ooops forgot to add the path to Spad which is:-

"C:\Flight Sim\SPAD\Spad.exe"

RE: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

niccba
This post was updated on .
Canuk the file is ready, i left untouched the addons you have and added the SPAD Starter,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!REMEMBER TO BK UP THE ORIGINAL EXE.XML FILE BEFORE REPLACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING THIS FILE IS ONLY FOR USER CANUK'S EXE.XML, IF YOU WNAT THE SPAD STARTER PLEASE GO TO THE TOP OF THE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPAD Starter for Canuk

Please let me know if it worked

Greetings

RE: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

Canuck
Yes that works fine, thanks very much.  During the initial load up of FSX, it was asked if I wanted to run SPAD.exe.  click yes and now its included in the fsx.cfg.

Another issue, which you may or may not be able to tackle.  I have the Saitek panels connected to the PC through an add-on powered USB2 hub.  The radio panel will only work one time. For example, if I come out of FSX and reboot the program, the radio panels will not come back to life unless I remove the USB plug and re insert it, the other two panels (auto pilot one and the lights one) are not affected.  Sometimes even just ending a flight and the radio panel lights go and will not come back on again unless the USB is pulled out and replaced.
I don`t know if this is an issue with my hub (D-Link), the panel, or my PC which is W7 64bit 6Gb RAM with i7 Intel Proc on a P6T MB

But otherwise I am very pleased, thanks for the assist.

RE: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

niccba
Canuk its great t know the file works and would like other users to tell us if it does or not. unfortunately i have my panels plugged directly on my pc.
But what i can tell you is that in the exe.xml file i saw saitek original drivers to be executed when starting fsx, according to maxx it is better to uninstall them and just leave SPAD. perhaps you could start there.

Greetings

RE: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

Canuck
I stripped out the original Saitek drivers reference from the exe.xml and that seems to work as you suggested.  I can now go into FSX fly around, unload it and return to it immediately or some time later and the Radio panel no longer needs to be disconnected and reconnected.
Thanks very much.

Re: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

lsanch
niccba

your link seems to be broken can you check it out?

RE: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

niccba
Hello as soon as i get home ill mail it.

Saludos

Nicolas Ronco Senar

your link seems to be broken can you check it out?

http://spad.189988.n3.nabble.com/How-to-Start-SPAD-Only-starting-FSX-tp3158417p4025601.html
To unsubscribe from How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX, click here.
NAML

Re: How to Start SPAD Only starting FSX

rzepa10
Hi guys.
I use SPAD 0.51 in Windows 8.1 64bit and I just want to START this program automaticly when fsx start.

I go to
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\exe.xml
and I add exactly like in manual was writen

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>SPAD</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>D:\Program Files (x86)\SPAD\SPAD.exe</Path>      (exactly my path, and YES Its correct)
</Launch.Addon>

Then I start fsx and I confirmed that SPAD.exe is trusted, but even that program didn't start !
When I double click D:\Program Files (x86)\SPAD\SPAD.exe It work OK :(
Spad.ex is running with admin rights

I check my "skill" ;) with change <Path> to my WindowsMediaPlayer.exe just to check am I doing right, and Yes It start OK.

Any idea ?