BIP Master Warning and Caution

orangina51
Hi

Thanks again Massimo. Just recieved my BIP. It works like a charm under FS9 with SPAD.

Any chance to see the Master Warning funtion available?

Orangina

Re: BIP Master Warning and Caution

maxx
Administrator
Hi Orangina,
the Master Warning is not supported by FS (FS9 or FSX), so FSUIPC doesn't expose any data regarding it.
Aircraft panels that implement  it do a calculation based on other parameters to decide when to turn it on.
So, outside Special-Modes I really have no idea about a reasonable way to implement it.
The way used by Saitek drivers is really silly, I don't want to use it.

Let me know if you have any good ideas

Ciao,
Massimo

Re: BIP Master Warning and Caution

orangina51
Ok, thanks

To make "reasonable requests", is there a list of what parameter FSUIPC can monitor?
Example: %Torque, %N1, Electrical Charge...?

Here are some idea of request features:
- Charge (when Alternator is off and charge not enough, alarm)
- Different color regarding different therehold: Fuel level orange from 20% to 1% then red for example.
- AP disconnect
- AT disconnect
- Overspeed
- Reverser

Anyway, thanks Massimo for your drivers. Glad to be able to use my saitek panel at a high level of possibilities.

Orangina

Re: BIP Master Warning and Caution

maxx
Administrator
orangina51 wrote
To make "reasonable requests", is there a list of what parameter FSUIPC can monitor?
Example: %Torque, %N1, Electrical Charge...?
Download this archive:  http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC_SDK.zip
Read this file: "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf"

This is what FSUIPC can provide to SPAD.

orangina51 wrote
Here are some idea of request features:
- Charge (when Alternator is off and charge not enough, alarm)
- Different color regarding different therehold: Fuel level orange from 20% to 1% then red for example.
- AP disconnect
- AT disconnect
- Overspeed
- Reverser

The problem is that different aircrafts use different logic.
Coding a certain logic to manage the Master Warning could be fine for certain aircraft and completely broken for others.
I don't want to see a light on the BIP panel which behaves completely different from the corresponding light  on the Sim panel.
And, obviously, it's not possible to code specific logic for each aircraft.

Ciao,
Massimo

Re: BIP Master Warning and Caution

orangina51
Ok,

I'll have a look at the SDK.
It's speaking about FSX not FS2004. Any difference for the values monitored?

It's true that it is impossible to make a version of SPAD for each aircraft.

The work already done is just amazing. I'm quite excited with my new BIP and the possibilities given by SPAD. So I have plenty of idea for requests. I just need to find "reasonable" and realistic ones.

Orangina

Re: BIP Master Warning and Caution

Fred
Hello guys,

I'm a new user of SPAD.
I use this software with the PMDG737NGX.

GREAT JOB Massimo !

Since the last posts, is there a solution for the Master Warning and Caution ?

I think that Massimo have asked to Linda developper to insert Saitek's products in LUA scripts.... A way to solve the problem ??

Good flights !

Fred

Re: BIP Master Warning and Caution

Megatherion
I see that the Master Warning, UP and Down tiles are greyed out and understand why you are having trouble assigning them. I have a suggestion: When I use the BIP in X-Plane 10, I use a utility called D2B tool that lets me create and print out custom profiles/tiles. In the information in D2B(for X-Plane 10) for these tiles,

1: The Master Warning is activated by a moderate problem with the airplane eg. fuel pressure,fuel quantity... (Master Caution is activated by a major problem with the airplane eg. fire... So if you are able to group aircraft problems into moderate or major categories, then have that category trigger the appropriate Caution/Warning light.

2: The UP indicates the Gear Handle is in the up position (nothing to do with the landing gear, just the handle).

3: The DOWN indicates the Gear Handle is in the down position (nothing to do with the landing gear, just the handle).

I realize that these are X-Plane 10 oriented, but if there are similar triggers in FSX, they could be used in the same fashion. I know nothing about programming, I will leave that to you; just thought this might help.
Revel With Abandon In The Decadence Of The Moment.