Add an option to turn OFF a selected panel...

Add an option to turn OFF a selected panel...

Clutch Cargo
I have all the Saitek panels and when I fly small or twin engine GA's I use them all.  But I also have a GoFlight MCP Pro panel that I use to fly my heavies with.  Unfortunately, I have discovered that the MCP and the Saitek Multi Panel conflict with each other when trying to set auto pilot settings.

It would be great if I had the option to turn off the Multi Panel when I don't need it.  Could be as simple as a checkbox in the Multi panel setup screen or even an .ini setting.  Then I could at least use different batch files depending on which aircraft I am flying (of course I would prefer the first option).  Or even have the option set up through the Profiles.

Any chance you could check the possibility of this option?

Thanks,

Clutch

Re: Add an option to turn OFF a selected panel...

maxx
Administrator
Ok, this makes sense: an option to disable a specific panel within a profile.
I'll add it in a future version.

Ciao,
Massimo

Re: Add an option to turn OFF a selected panel...

Clutch Cargo
Just curious if we might see an update soon with my suggestion implemented?   Dying to be able to turn off my Multi-panel when using certain aircraft.  See it's been about six months since your last update so maybe one is in the works?

thanks,

Clutch

Re: Add an option to turn OFF a selected panel...

SameOldStory
I tend to plug in a lot of different USB devices, and often switch between the Saitek TPM and the throttle quadrant. For me this powered 7 port USB extension was the best solution to the problem.

Until maxx has the time, this may help.

The other item in the picture is a  2" sized hockey puck that controls my speaker volume, and adds a base booster switch on the side. This little control lets me rattle the desk when I'm flying.

The knobs on the Radio Panel are from Radio Shack.

Re: Add an option to turn OFF a selected panel...

Clutch Cargo
Oooooh, I like those knows for the radios.  I definately need to replace mine too as the ones that come with it are to hard to grab and turn.  Do the default knobs just pull off as I see no screw on them to tighten?

Not a bad suggestion using an external USB port as a work-around switch.  I have a 12 port near me so that could work for now.

thx,

Clutch

Re: Add an option to turn OFF a selected panel...

SameOldStory
Actually it's all VERY simple. Just pull up on the little knobs. If needed, you can put a knife blade under the knob to get it started.

The replacement knobs are 1 inch diameter and made for a 1/4 inch post. You can pick them up from any Radio Shack store or other electronic parts store.  Just walk in and ask them where they keep the replacement knobs.

It's hard to see in the picture but the replacement knobs are very nicely knurled on the sides, and give a nice grip. They’re definitely an improvement.

The new knobs have a set screw on the side OPPOSITE the flat side of the radio panel post.

Turn the little black knobs as in the first picture, and pull them off. The red arrows show where the set screws will line up.

The set screws are now facing the "outside" edges so you can tighten them without any problems. But don't tighten the screws very hard the first time. The first time you want to make sure that the indicator on top of the knob will be in the right place when you turn the switch. If you tighten the set screw too much the first time it'll leave an indent in the post that could make it hard to re-position the switch a little left or right.

When all set, you want the screws VERY FIRM, but don't over tighten them. If you want to use a large handle screwdriver or pliers on the screwdriver to tighten the screws then you're going to use too much force.

No need to make a flat spot on the shaft, I've had mine on for about a year and they haven't come loose yet.